Wednesday, March 14, 2012

We managed to somehow secure our luggage.......

Astrid
.... and find the entrance where father and I piled into a cab and headed for our rooms at the fabulous Waldorf Astoria. Father had told me so many times about his honeymoon trip to the Waldorf with mother, I was breathless to finally see my namesake.
Astrid
https://www.etsy.com/listing/94779478/
cashmere-short-sage-green-swing-coat
Nothing I had seen, or done, or read about could have compared to New York. The streets of Pittsburgh even during the evening rush were no match for an average hour on the streets of this city. Traffic, people, shops, police officers everywhere, whizzing by until we stopped outside the legendary hotel.
It towered above me, straining my neck just to look up and take it all in! The entrance was absolutely grand. Marble, staircases, the chandeliers, again people everywhere. I could see the white linen tables of the restaurant stretching out for what seemed a city block, all the uniformed staff, I wondered how they could ever run a business so huge?






Our rooms were extraordinary, each bedroom done in a different style. The bathtub called to me after the long train ride, and fresh air circulated throughout! I wondered how could they manage this?
Father and I decided to rest a while and get cleaned up, then dress for dinner, my first evening in New York awaited....astoria








By the by, to go back to the beginning and catch up to all of Astoria's adventures go to:
http://buttonbroadmemoirs.blogspot.com/2012/02/on-this-my-100th-birthday.html

No comments:

Post a Comment