Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Yes, I've Been Away......Far Away!



I took a friend up on an offer to briefly safari in East Africa. The ocean crossing was delightful, but quite protracted. As such, we thought we’d stay a bit. Archer joined me after the first 6 months, and we traversed the continent! 
Morocco was indeed my favorite, what with the Medina and such. We took a flat within the walls in Marrakesh, and went about the task of finding our way in and out of the city. I grew to love the hubbub….rather like New York City.


Morning markets, underground walkways…..nary a postal box to be found, so my freelance position with Vogue had to be put on hold. Sadly, because the fabrics and colors here defy the eye!
I’m still writing and documenting, but no one will read it until we return from our journey. Perhaps it will be a book!



Our safari year rather reminded me of Tarzan. 

Archer and I walking through jungle, long lines of locals carrying our trunks and living requirements. The food was gathered, shot and trapped along the way. Night time tent villages were quite lovely…with the mosquito net draped cots and torch lit pathways. 









I never tired of safari, but Archer contracted a dreadful illness, requiring a detour to the beach. It is from our rickety little beach shack in Lamu that I write this journal. It is sparse, yet filled with light…..small, yet big on charm…. Archer and I while away the day in our twin hammocks. Will we return to the States? I think not right now. Right now I’m off to find breakfast in the trees and bushes!



Off to Casablanca.....Here's Looking at you, Kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment